Tel: 07841 867 967 Email the church

BOTLEY

PLEASE ALSO READ  "OUR HISTORY"  TO COMPLEMENT DETAILS ON THIS PAGE

West Oxford, where Botley Baptist Church is situated, is a well developed residential neighbourhood. 

Housing in Botley developed in the 1903 as the Botley Road was extended from Binsey. First houses in St. Paul’s Crescent were built in late 1930s, after which Elm’s Rise and the lower Cumnor Hill area were developed.

Three schools serve residents of Botley and North Hinksey. Along Botley Road, major supermarkets (Waitrose and Aldi), several clusters of national and local retail shops, and a shopping precinct on West Way (now under re-development by MACE) including a major bank and a post office, offer residents access to most of the daily necessities and conveniences. 

The convenience of Botley being located just off the junction of the A34 and the A420, and with excellent public transport access to the city, the coach and train stations, makes it a very attractive suburb of Oxford. 

Demographics in Botley and surrounding areas of Dean Court, Cumnor Hill, Harcourt Hill and North Hinksey are changing, with younger families moving in and living alongside older families, taking advantage of three excellent schools (all well rated by OFSTED) and a much better quality of life with many green open spaces, and quick access to the verdant countryside, the Cotswolds to the north, the Chilterns to the east, and the Vale of White Horse to the south.